WILL Arsenal bounce back from last week’s shambolic defeat? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the odds.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal | Sunday 13:30 | Sky Sports 1
Arsenal eh? What a hoot! Not sure what was funnier about last Sunday, them losing or the fact that this fanny put up West Ham to get relegated. Oh how I consoled myself by ordering more and more beer at the bar. In deep shame!
Anyway…I’m still not giving up on my West Ham relegation bet. Unlike most of the media I refuse to make big statements on the back of one poxy win.
Arsenal face a horrid tie here as they try to patch up the wounds of last Sunday. I’ve backed Crystal Palace for the handicap so you’ll be aware I’m very sweet on them this season.
Alan Pardew’s side got off to a solid start last week with a 3-1 win at Norwich. That scoreline probably flattered them a little but not many sides will bully the Canaries this season.
Oddly despite hitting the Top 10 last year Palace’s home form was fairly poor. They ended up bottom five on the Home Table with 10 defeats from 19 at Selhurst Park. That record should improve this season but I can see them losing here. Just.
You see Arsenal tend to bounce back well from acute embarrassment. Both those things are in their DNA. It’s been two and half years since they lost consecutive Premier League matches on consecutive weekends and I think we’ll see a finer performance here.
Pardew will simply love the idea of hurting Arsene Wenger more and his side will scrap for their lives. Ultimately though Arsenal should just have enough to scrape a victory.
Both Arsenal’s wins last season over Palace were by the odd goal, and that’s what I’m backing on Sunday again at 13/5 with Bet365.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal – Arsenal to win by exactly one goal (13/5 Bet365)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|