WILL Arsenal bounce back from last week’s shambolic defeat? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the odds.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal | Sunday 13:30 | Sky Sports 1
Arsenal eh? What a hoot! Not sure what was funnier about last Sunday, them losing or the fact that this fanny put up West Ham to get relegated. Oh how I consoled myself by ordering more and more beer at the bar. In deep shame!
Anyway…I’m still not giving up on my West Ham relegation bet. Unlike most of the media I refuse to make big statements on the back of one poxy win.
Arsenal face a horrid tie here as they try to patch up the wounds of last Sunday. I’ve backed Crystal Palace for the handicap so you’ll be aware I’m very sweet on them this season.
Alan Pardew’s side got off to a solid start last week with a 3-1 win at Norwich. That scoreline probably flattered them a little but not many sides will bully the Canaries this season.
Oddly despite hitting the Top 10 last year Palace’s home form was fairly poor. They ended up bottom five on the Home Table with 10 defeats from 19 at Selhurst Park. That record should improve this season but I can see them losing here. Just.
You see Arsenal tend to bounce back well from acute embarrassment. Both those things are in their DNA. It’s been two and half years since they lost consecutive Premier League matches on consecutive weekends and I think we’ll see a finer performance here.
Pardew will simply love the idea of hurting Arsene Wenger more and his side will scrap for their lives. Ultimately though Arsenal should just have enough to scrape a victory.
Both Arsenal’s wins last season over Palace were by the odd goal, and that’s what I’m backing on Sunday again at 13/5 with Bet365.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal – Arsenal to win by exactly one goal (13/5 Bet365)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]