A huge night for Celtic. Can they overcome Malmo? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the odds.
Celtic v Malmo | Wednesday 19:45 | BT Sport Europe
“You’re an absolute fud”, “tosser” and “ya total plum”. Just three of the names I’ve been called in recent weeks after taking on Celtic in the Champions League. As I keep saying, betting is about price, if the price is wrong why would I back it?
Celtic have won three of their four Champions League matches this season but all at odds on. The biggest price was 4/9. They won 1-0 that night with a late goal. Hardly an affirmation of those odds.
So I’m happy with what I’ve done so far. People seem to see it as a slight against Celtic. Far from it. I’m Scottish and I support all Scottish teams in Europe so of course I hope Celtic go through. It might make the title race a bit more interesting as well eh 😉
So yes once again I can’t be backing Celtic at 4/6. It’s not quite as awful as the 4/9 available against Qarabag but it’s still not a value price for me at all.
Malmo are a complex side. Sometimes really shy in front of goal (scored one goal in their opening three Champions League games this season) and then out of the blue will rip apart their opponents (3-0 winners over Red Bull Salzburg in the previous round).
One consistent theme is their struggles away from home. Over their last two Champions League campaigns they’ve lost six of their eight away games and five of those defeats were by more than one goal. To be fair though they’ve been up against some quality sides like Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Olympiakos and Red Bull Salzburg.
Celtic deserve real praise for getting past Qarabag. The Azerbaijan side are a tricky outfit and I think if the tie was played a year earlier they would have been knocked out.
The Glasgow side look more mature with Ronny Delia now in his second season and they’re more than capable of sneaking a narrow win here. I’ll back them to win 1-0 at 6/1 with 888 Sport and also back No Goalscorer with Coral at 11/1. That looks far too big. Just don’t call me a fud if it doesn’t land.
Celtic v Malmo – Celtic to win 1-0 (6/1 888 Sport)
Celtic v Malmo – No Goalscorer (11/1 Coral)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]