THERE’S no better at picking Anytime Goalscorers in the Football League than Gavin Horsfall (@GHorsfall). Having bagged winners in his last two Notebook entries, who’s Gav lined up for Saturday?
Port Vale v Doncaster | Saturday 15.00
We just got away with it midweek thanks to Jay Simpson’s opener for Leyton Orient. In truth, the Leon Clarke/Simpson double was shouting me in the face all Tuesday – it went un-backed obviously but there looks some good opportunities to get ourselves ahead this weekend.
One goal from open play in four matches hasn’t quite put me off looking at Doncaster this week as Paul Dickov’s side travel to Port Vale. A tough start for Andy Williams, who probably isn’t quite getting the same service as he enjoyed at Swindon last season.
It’s been an eventful opening to the season though for Harry Forrester (4/1 Stan James) who’s only goal to date was the one he scored whilst ‘trying’ to give the ball back to Bury on the opening day. Forrester carries a big threat for Rovers though and scored seven of his nine last year away from home.
Northampton v Plymouth | Saturday 15.00
Two wins, two defeats and eight goals for Plymouth confirms everything we were told about Derek Adams’ attacking style. I had Graham Carey (13/2 Stan James) bookmarked as the midfield anchor with Jake Jervis, Gregg Wylde and Reuben Reid all rampaging forward.
Turns out Carey does plenty of good work higher up the pitch – his average position was ahead of Reid in Tuesday’s 4-1 win at home to Carlisle while he’s also high on the shot count.
Absolutely no doubt he’s overpriced at Sixfields to notch a third goal in five this season.
Notts County v Accrington Stanley | Saturday 15.00
A solid start for Accrington who picked up their first win in midweek at home to Mansfield. John Coleman has been full of praise for Josh Windass (9/2 Stan james) since pre-season and the 21-year-old has rewarded his boss with some good performances.
Whether it’s in behind Billy Kee or Terry Gornell, the attacking midfielder doesn’t look far off recapturing the form that saw him score six in 15 at the back end of last season. He gets a confidant nod when Stanley visit Notts County on Saturday.
Port Vale v Doncaster – Harry Forrester to score at anytime (4/1 Stan James)
Northampton v Plymouth – Graham Carey to score at anytime (13/2 Stan James)
Notts County v Accrington Stanley – Josh Windass to score at anytime (9/2 Stan James)
Grab A £200 Bonus From Bet365
Bet365 have promised a 100% deposit bonus for all new customers from WeLoveBetting, up to £200.
Sign-up via any of the Bet365 links on this page and you’ll be entitled to this mega bonus offer.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|