WE asked Football League fanatic Matt Vale (@MattDVale) to talk us through the best specials on offer in Championship. You won’t be disappointed.
English Championship | Specials
The Championship is as tough as ever. I like the look of Middlesbrough and if they can secure Jordan Rhodes to finish the umpteen chances Stewart Downing will create then I expect them to get promoted.
Derby have an impressively qualified manager who has spent big to put together a team capable of going the distance but it’s Brighton and Bristol City who I see performing better than expected.
Chris Hughton came into Brighton last season and steered them to safety with a brand of safety first and largely defensive football but the signings of Tomer Hemed, Vahid Hambo and Jack Harper, coupled with the hopeful (re)emergence of Sam Baldock could see a change in style. If the potential of the new boys becomes a reality then they could surprise a few.
However, having watched Bristol City last season, they looked stronger than the Wolves side that stormed to the League One title during the previous campaign; especially offensively, and as such I expect them to go swimmingly.
The League One winners have a habit of excelling on their first season in the Championship finishing 8th, 5th, 2nd, 10th, 9th, 22nd and 7th respectively and I expect Bristol City to be comfy top-10 material.
The one thing they lacked last season was a real 20-goal-a-season striker (centre-half Aden Flint was the second top scorer with 14) but they hope to rectify that with the £2m signing of Jonathan Kodjia. If he can get amongst the goals and be ably supported by Kieran Agard and Aaron Wilbraham, then there’s no reason why they can’t get the points required to top the handicap. They just squeeze out Brighton, for me.
Otherwise, I can’t see past the first two in the market and only the renowned unpredictably of the Championship puts me off backing Derby and Boro in the dual forecast at 16/1.
Championship – Bristol City +12 handicap (18/1 Bet365)
Join Bet365, Get A £200 Bonus, And Win £50 Cash From Us!
We’re delighted to have Bet365 on-board to sponsor our English season preview content and to mark the partnership we’re giving away £50 cash to one lucky WLB reader.
Only new players qualify. Winner revealed on Tuesday 4 August.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|