THE bets bets from Saturday’s racing from Graeme Johnston (@GraemeJ_83).
14:00 Sandown | Channel 4
A five furlong Group 3 that is weakened by the withdrawal of likely favourite Mecca’s Angel. This is a race that looks short of strength and depth as most of the field are regressive with their glory days behind them. This however cannot be said about the favourite Waady.
Waady has had six career starts winning on four occasions and has developed into a sprinter of real potential. This is his first try at Group level but I feel he is up to the task.
Three of his career victories have come over today’s course and distance, the last of which was an impressive victory in a Listed race beating Profitable by two lengths. Profitable is a Listed winner himself and ran with distinction at Royal Ascot so Waady has some solid form in the book.
His sole defeat this season came in a strongly contested Haydock Listed race where he all but blew his chances at the start with an uncharacteristically slow break.
Waady is easily the most progressive runner in the field and I make him a confident selection to take this before going on to bigger and better things later in the season.
14:15 Haydock | Channel 4
The Lancashire Oaks has attracted a slightly below average field for a Group 2, and most of the field have form that ties in with one another. Five of these met in a Group 3 over course and distance and it was a messy race.
There are reasons why the form could be reversed as the winner Miss Marjurie got first run on the field who got in each others way before running on, but that is over looking the fact that she was a decisive winner in the end.
She has taken her form to a whole new level this season, with wins at Listed and Group 3 level, and I believe that she has improved from four to five years old.
She hails from the unfashionable Denis Coakley yard, and I believe if she was trained by John Gosden or Sir Michael Stoute she would be a short price favourite for this. The 6/1 on offer on her winning is a far bigger price than she should be and I expect her to uphold the course and distance form.
14:00 Sandown – Waady to win (5/2 Bet365)
14:15 Haydock – Miss Marjurie to win (6/1 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|