THE Mark Warburton era begins for Rangers on Saturday against Hibs, but how will they fare? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) gives us his best bets.
Hibs v Rangers | Saturday 12:30 | BBC Alba
Well, what a start to the Scottish season! The big two in the Championship meet in the opening round of the Petrofac Cup (for English readers, the equivalent of the JP Trophy) with the future of Scott Allan threatening to overshadow the game. The Hibs player has been the subject of two bids from Rangers with reports emanating that the player is desperate to go to Ibrox.
This really is a first-day-of-term match with a number of new signings potentially lining up for both sides and Rangers now under the tutelage of Mark Warburton. It’s not a match to be slapping huge hunks of cash on.
These sides met at this exact point of the competition last season with Rangers winning 2-1 after extra time but it’s Hibs who are favourites with most bookmakers this time round at 13/8. Rangers are best price 7/4.
The appointment of Warburton looks an exciting one for Rangers, it wouldn’t be folly to suggest he looks one of the most exciting upcoming English managers after his spell at Brentford. The Glasgow club were so poorly managed last season that you’d think this his presence will have a big impact on them.
Hibs had a poor start to last season but from November onwards found a stunning run of form that saw them overtake Rangers into second place in the Championship table. The Gers gained revenge in the play-offs of course, seeing off Hibs convincingly over two legs.
Will Scott Allan play on Saturday? Will the uncertainty over his future affect Hibs in this game? Very possible. With Warburton at the helm I can only see a much more professional Rangers set up this season and I’m wiling to take a chance on them on Saturday at 7/4 with Coral. The recruitment of so many new faces will help eradicate the utter stink from last season.
Hibs v Rangers – Rangers to win (7/4 Coral)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|