WILL England get a win against Sweden to put them back in the U21 Championship? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the game.
Sweden U21 v England U21 | Sunday 17:00 | BT Sport 1
Well Saturday’s games didn’t go exactly to plan and that muddies the picture for the two games on Sunday when placing a bet. The Czech Republic lost 2-1 to Denmark in Matchday 1 and then decide to thrash Serbia 4-0 in the follow up game. This was after Serbia got a draw against favourites Germany in the earlier match. Confusing eh?
England need to get their shit together on Sunday or they’re heading home. Thursday night’s defeat to Portugal has set alarm bells ringing and their outright price lengthening. But in reality, was that a disgrace? Portugal won all eight of their qualifying matches and are now second favourites for the crown.
As usual with England though, when there’s expectation there’s short prices and Gareth Southgate’s men are just 17/20 best price to win in Olomouc.
Sweden come into this game after a superb 2-1 win over well-fancied Italy and there’s no doubt spirits will be high as they look to send England out of the tournament.
The Swedes lost twice in their eight match qualifying group yet still finished top, but their comeback win over fancied France in the play-offs was sensational. Friendly results since have been decent with a win over Serbia in March and a draw against Denmark last week.
England were wonderful in qualifying with nine wins out 10 and then a strong two-legged win over Croatia in the play-offs at the end of last year. Friendly wins over Germany and Czech Republic since then put them right up there on form.
I’m reluctant and unwilling to back England at odds on. How will they cope after Thursday night’s disappointment? Remember, they’re up against a side unbeaten since October.
Instead I’ll back Exactly 2-3 Goals in the match at 21/20 with BetVictor and dabble with a 1-1 Correct Score at 13/2 with William Hill and a 2-1 England win at 8/1 with Skybet. The Swedes have scored in their last eight games and I expect them to notch here plus the 2-3 goal bracket has been hit in four of the six U21 games so far.
Sweden U21 v England U21 – Both Teams To Score (5/6 Betfair)
Sweden U21 v England U21 – 1-1 Draw (13/2 William Hill)
Sweden U21 v England U21 – England to win 2-1 (8/1 Skybet)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|