CHRIS Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the Monday night match between West Brom and Chelsea. What’s the angle?
West Brom v Chelsea | Monday 20:00 | Sky Sports 1
Just six days left in the Premier League season and on Monday Chelsea travel to The Hawthorns to take on West Brom. The Blues are as 17/20 best price with a clutch of firms to take the three points but it’s goals that are attracting me here. Or rather a lack of them.
Yes, they played good football in the first half of the season, but my word it’s been no fun watching Chelsea in 2015. The game that changed the direction of the season was on New Years Day when the Blues lost 5-3 to Spurs.
This shocking defeat clearly had an effect on Jose Mourinho and since then his team have played far more conservatively. P16 W11 D5 L0 are their Premier League figures since that loss and crucially eight of their last nine wins were by a single margin.
Perhaps they’ll let the handbrake off now? Well, I thought that two weeks ago against Crystal Palace but another 1-0 win proved me wrong. West Brom are hardly the easiest team to exploit so it looks unlikely.
Chelsea have scored more than two goals on just three occasions in the league since New Years Day and in five of their last six games they’ve failed to reach the two goal mark.
Since Tony Pulis took charge of West Brom (also on New Years Day) he’s made them a much harder side to beat and secured their Premier League status.
They’ve conceded 47 goals, that’s six fewer than Top 6 side Spurs and better than other higher placed sides like Swansea and Everton. On the flip side of that, they don’t score many either. Just 34, which is lower than 15 of the sides in the division.
I can see this match following these patterns and goals to be at a premium. Under 2.5 Goals is a touch of odds on and definitely worth interest but I’ll be more greedy and back the 23/17 with BetVictor on Under 2 Goals on their Asian Handicap line. This means that if exactly two are scored I’ll get my stake back.
This bet would have paid out or saw a stakes-return in Albion’s last four games and in five of the last six Chelsea matches.
West Brom v Chelsea – Under 2 Goals Asian Handicap Goal Line (23/17 BetVictor)
Fancy the Blues on Monday?
Get to Paddy Power! They’re offering new players 6/1 on them winning again.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|