CAN out of form Manchester United win at Selhurst Park on Saturday? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look.
Crystal Palace v Manchester United | Saturday 17:30 | Sky Sports 1
What’s happened to Man Utd eh? Cast your mind back this time last month and everyone was adding them to their 2015/16 league accas. They’d just smashed up Spurs, lobotomised Liverpool and mutilated Manchester City. Some idiots even mentioned a late assault on the title. And then…
Well what followed was a fairly respectable 1-0 loss to Chelsea, a 3-0 humbling at the hands of Everton followed by a rare loss at Old Trafford at the hands of the not-so-mighty West Brom.
Some of the pundits in the media have been disgracing themselves as usual by questioning whether Louis Van Gaal is the right man to take Manchester United forward. These are the same clowns that were praising him to high heaven a month ago.
My view? It’s been a long uncomfortable season for the club. It’s been anything but straight-forward with the injuries and new systems and they’re probably feeling the effects of that now. Nothing more than that for me.
A trip to Selhurst Park looks a fiendish task for Van Gaal’s men though. Let’s not beat about the bush, their away form has been poor this season with just five wins from 17 Premier League games. Oddly three of their wins have came against the big seven.
I expected Palace to badly succumb to Chelsea on Sunday and feel their wrath but it just didn’t happen. It’s three defeats in a row for Alan Pardew’s team and that will be playing on his mind as he aims for the highest possible league finish.
Since he took over the side they’ve beaten Manchester City and Spurs and lost by the odd goal to Chelsea and Arsenal so this game won’t phase them. There’s certainly enough to suggest they’ll be competitive in this fixture.
It’s Both Teams To Score for me at a decent 19/20 with William Hill. It seems unthinkable for Manchester United to fire a fourth successive blank, while as mentioned above Palace have a decent record against this level of opposition.
Crystal Palace v Manchester United – Both Teams To Score (19/20 William Hill)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|