DAY 5 of the competition and still no losers for Michael Day (@daisy8ball). Here’s his latest bet.
Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull | Wednesday 14:30 | BBC Red Button
2005 champion and current Masters holder Shaun Murphy enters the Crucible fray this Wednesday afternoon as he takes on the talented Finnish qualifier Robin Hull over a best of 19 frames clash.
Murphy has had a great year picking up the aforementioned Masters invitational event and PTC victories in Bulgaria and Germany earlier on in the term. He’s also been fairly consistent with a string of deep runs in other tournaments; including a runners-up spot at the German Masters.
Whether or not ‘The Magician’ can go all the way again a decade on remains to be seen, but I’d be a bit worried about him peaking too early in the season.
I also think he still has the tendency to push the boat out too much, leaving him vulnerable in longer frame matches. Despite that though he is in good form, and even if it at times he‘s erratic, at the top of his game he is a real treat to watch amongst the balls.
His opponent is the underrated Hull, who despite being around the 60 mark in the rankings, will be a real test. It will be the Finns third time here – he lost to Ronnie O’Sullivan on the opening day in 2014 but gave a very good account of himself I feel.
He certainly has quality, but the 40 year old has been dogged with health issues throughout his career making his current placing in those rankings false. And Hull goes to the championship in fine fettle. Earlier this month he reached the last 16 in China, and en route to qualifying for the Crucible he beat recent Welsh Open finalist Ben Woollaston.
Very much in a similar mould to Kurt Maflin, Hull is a fantastic break builder. In his three rounds at Ponds Forge, within a fortnight or so ago, he made five centuries – a healthy return. He has also made well over 100 century breaks in competitive play.
Hull is 6/5 with Bet365 to make at least one three figure score, which could tempt me. In summary I think this could be a really entertaining match of high quality. Murphy has also made 39 centuries this campaign, and in his only 2014/2015 best of 19 match in the Masters final he made two.
Bet365 has Over 1.5 total match centuries at 11/10, which I think is more than possible considering the make up of both competitors.
Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull – Over 1.5 Centuries (11/10 Bet365)
Final Frame Refund
Back either of these players to win with Betfair and if they lose in the deciding frame your stake will be refunded as a free bet.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|