BACK on the baize on Sunday, and Michael Day (@daisy8ball) takes a look at the Joe Perry – Shaun Murphy clash for us.
Joe Perry v Shaun Murphy | Sunday 10:00 | BBC
Joe Perry and Shaun Murphy had very comfortable opening match ties, coming through with plenty of frames to spare.
Murphy looked in good knick making a couple of centuries along the way in his game, whilst Perry raced into a 7-0 lead to extinguish any hopes of his Chinese opponent Zhang Anda. And both still harbour realistic hopes of taking the world crown after having sterling seasons.
Despite the anguish of narrowly losing in the Wuxi Classic final back in June, Perry won an Asian Tour title before realising a dream in Thailand by lifting the Players Championship – his first ever major victory in a career spanning over two decades. He’s also been quite bullish and confident, proclaiming to the press this week that he can be the world champion.
Murphy has already felt that experience back in 2005, and came to Sheffield this time as one of the favourites with a number of wins under his belt this term; his Masters succsess in January also completed a career ‘triple crown’.
The landscape of the event has changed for this pair, with the knowledge that defending champ Mark Selby has already been eliminated. It represents a great opportunity for the duo, as whoever survives will be favourite against giant killer debutant Anthony McGill in the quarter final.
I’m convinced this match will be closer than people think, Perry really is on a crest of a wave. In career meetings Murphy shades it, although he has a 100 percent record in major ranking events. They’ve never clashed in a game of such a long distance though.
I think ‘The Magician’ Murphy will win, but it will go down to the third session. Perry +3.5 frames is Evens with Coral. He basically needs to get to 10.
Joe Perry v Shaun Murphy – Joe Perry +3.5 Frames (Evens Coral)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|