IT’S the big match of the weekend. How does our man Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) see it going?
Arsenal v Chelsea | Sunday 16:00 | Sky Sports 1
I wonder if Sky will have the audacity to bill this as a title decider? Nah, surely that’s too absurd for even them! For the avoidance of doubt, it’s definitely not a decider, it’s a side strolling to their first championship in five years up against opponents they always bully.
I had my eye on this fixture from a betting point of view for a while back actually. I was hoping Chelsea would drop points and Arsenal’s excellent run of form would continue so we might get some plump prices on the Blues. Jose Mourinho’s side didn’t stick to their side of the bargain though although the odds are fair.
In situations and games like this my default position is to oppose Arsenal. To be fair it backfired earlier this season when I had my biggest bet of 2015 on Man City beating them in January. Looking back now, that seemed the start of City’s decline.
As well all know Arsene Wenger has never beaten Mourinho in 12 attempts. That’s 12. Not a coincidence, or a run of bad luck, that’s a deep trend.
Being the horrible guy he is you can imagine the Portuguese is incredibly proud of that record. His disdain for Wenger has been voiced publicly on a number of occasions and he’ll instruct his players to maintain that unbeaten run as much as they can.
As we saw last week against Manchester United, Mourinho is the master of crushing a game and avoiding defeat at all costs. I think there might be an element of that style on Sunday but I’m sure he’ll fear Arsenal less than Louis Van Gaal’s side.
But what about Arsenal’s form? Yeah amazing, on a great run etc etc. But I’m not having it, I can’t back them. Form book out the window and it now becomes a game of chess. Mourinho is the (grand) master of chess!
I’m going to back Chelsea +0.25 at 8/9 with BetVictor on the Asian Handicap. Half my stake goes on Chelsea +0, the other half on Chelsea +0.5.
The +0 side of the bet means if the Blues win I get a full payout, if they draw I get my stake back. The +0.5 part is simply Chelsea to avoid defeat. So as long as they do that, I’ll make a profit. Any questions on the Asian Handicap? Just comment below or grab me on Twitter (@ChrisGraham79).
Arsenal v Chelsea – Chelsea +0.25 (8/9 BetVictor)
This is getting a lot of heat! Enhanced prices on both sides for the big game on Sunday.
Just join up with Paddy Power to claim either price.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|