MARK O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) previews Manchester City’s must-win match against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Manchester City v Bayern Munich | Tuesday 19.45 | ITV 1
Their task is pretty straightforward. Manchester City must win on Tuesday to maintain their hopes of qualifying from Group E. Fulfilling the task is when things get a little tricky.
Citizens fans will point towards their side winning two of the previous five meetings between the sides in the past three years. And like this showdown at the Etihad, Bayern had already sewn up the group before succumbing to City.
However, any hope of the Bavarians taking things easy should be extinguished. The Germans have made it clear they’re coming to Manchester with the aim of taking maximum points. And for that reason, they’re a stonking bet at 23/20 with Betfred.
Pep Guardiola’s charges have won all four group games by an aggregate score of 11-1 and they’ve recorded victories in 15 of an unbeaten 18 games spell. They’ve also beaten English opposition in England in three of their last four visits.
City have been well below their standards in the domestic game, claiming only six wins from 16 outings and were fortunate for some wayward finishing from Swansea on Saturday.
And Manuel Pellegrini must do without Yaya Toure and Fernandinho through suspension, David Silva, Edin Dzeko and Aleksandr Kolarov through injury as well as knocks to both Sergio Aguero and Stevan Jovetic.
Munich may be missing their fair share of stars but don’t let that put you off a bet on the Bavarians proving too good for City. I’m tucking into the 23/20 from Betfred on a Bayern win.
Manchester City v Bayern Munich – Bayern Munich to win (23/20 Betfred)
Fancy 6/1 Bayern? Or 9/1 Man City?
Betfair are offering some fantastic prices on this match for new customers. 2013 European champions Bayern Munich are available to back at 6/1, while you can back need-to-win Man City at a huge 9/1!
If the match ends in a draw, you get your money back. Here’s what you need to know:
- Open an account with Betfair using this special link – Betfair
- Either place your FIRST BET of £10 on Bayern to beat Man City at the current price, or Man City to beat Bayern Munich to win at the current price.
- If it’s a draw you’ll get your money back.
- If the team you back wins, you’ll receive your winnings at full-time with your additional winnings credited within 24 hours at odds of 9/1 or 6/1.
- If your bet loses, Betfair will refund your losing stake in the form of a free bet within 24 hours.
Bet On This Match With BetBright And Pick Up A Free Weekend Bet
Join BetBright TODAY (Tuesday November 25) and you’ll think Christmas has come a month too soon:
- You’ll pick up a £30 Risk Free Bet
- You’ll be added to our £50 Free Bet giveway
- And provided you place your first bet on the Man City v Bayern Munich game you’ll receive a £10 Free Bet for this weekend’s Premier League matches. Just make sure you register here to qualify for this 3-in-1 bargain.
World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide
Our 130-page spectacular, World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide, is available to buy NOW!
The interactive magazine includes previews, videos, stats and tips for all 32 teams, features on Outright Winners, Top Goalscorer, Refs & Cards, Dark Horses, Flops, Knock-out Betting and much more.
22 football experts contribute to our Ask the Experts feature and there’s over 5 hours of exclusive audio with 5 of the planet’s most respected reporters who discuss the chances of each nation with our very own Mark O’Haire.
And if that wasn’t enough there’s a free bet up for grabs with our partners Ladbrokes.