LEICESTER’S charge for the title continues on Sunday at Sunderland. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) shares his view.
Sunderland v Leicester | Sunday 13:30 | Sky Sports 1
Just six games left for Leicester and their title assault is reaching it’s final scenes. Victory seems inevitable and last week’s win over Southampton almost made the belief concrete.
If ever there was a time for them to slip up it was last week against Southampton. Ronald Koeman’s side had beaten Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool this season and the Foxes faced a tough challenge, They emerged with a 1-0 win.
On Sunday they come up against a side who I’ve backed more than any other in 2015/16. Sunderland. Last week’s failure to knock out West Brom could come back to haunt them by mid-May but in terms of performance it was hard to pick holes in what they brought to the table.
Norwich’s defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday has given Sam Allardyce’s side a real opportunity to climb out the relegation hole and plot a way to 17th position. I think they’re good enough here to avoid defeat.
It’s just one defeat in seven for Sunderland and they’ve beaten Manchester United and drawn with Liverpool in that spell. The problem they have is their failure to pick up three points. Shockingly it’s just three wins in 17 for the Black Cats in the league.
Sunderland’s propensity to draw may just reoccur again here on Sunday. They’ll battle like tigers no doubt but I fear they don’t have enough in the tank to see off this stoic Leicester side.
The Foxes’ demise just ain’t arriving and since their Valentines Day defeat to Arsenal they’ve dusted themselves down and won five of their next six fixtures. Outstanding!
I think the draw is a live runner here at 12/5. Both sides will play with drive but ultimately cancel each other out and deep down both managers would probably settle for a share of the spoils. I’ll top up my stake with a play on a 1-1 draw at 6/1.
Sunderland v Leicester – Draw (12/5 Bet365)
Sunderland v Leicester – 1-1 Draw (6/1 888 Sport)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|