BACK after the international break, in-form Dino Vita (@VitaDino) lines up a bet from Scotland’s top-flight this weekend.
St Johnstone v Partick Thistle | Saturday 15:00
My selection this weekend comes from the Scottish Premiership as St Johnstone entertain Partick Thistle at McDiarmid Park on Saturday afternoon.
St Johnstone’s goal scoring form this season has been incredible. If you think back to previous seasons they were the side you’d never back when looking for goals but they’ve seen every game this season go BTTS and nine out of 11 went Over 2.5 Goals. Indeed their last eight games have paid out on that bet.
So when an odds against price on Over 2.5 comes up you have to jump on it! St Johnstone have put three past Rangers and five past Aberdeen in the last few weeks.
Patrick on the other hand have been woeful this season only picking up their first league win of the season last time out against Dundee Utd. That win may indicate they may have turned the corner.
Until recent weeks goals have been a big concern for Thistle but they’ve scored four in their last two games and you’d fancy them to nick one against a side yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
St Johnstone’s form in front of goals could easily win this bet on their own but with a leaky defence and Partick looking like they’ve turned a corner I’ll side with the stats and go for goals again!
St Johnstone v Partick Thistle – Over 2.5 Goals (23/20 Coral)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]