ENGLAND look to continue their 100% record in Group E as they host Estonia on Friday. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) delivers his verdict.
England v Estonia | Friday 19:45 | ITV1
England are a funny old beast aren’t they? If you canvass opinion of the national team from Watford to Warrington there’s generally a sense of dissatisfaction stemming from the shambles of last year’s World Cup. A glance at their Euro 2016 qualifying table though shows a side with eight wins out of eight and the best record in the continent.
It all feels a bit Arsenal to me. Dominating smaller sides with ruthless panache but falling short when it really matters and the heat is turned up. Maybe that will change next year? For both sides!
For me England deserve big respect for what they’ve done in this qualifying group; they’ve barely broken sweat and their 100% record looks like being maintained throughout all 10 fixtures.
While the new qualifying structure has thrown a huge curveball into almost every other group, England have just dusted themselves down from Brazil and kicked on well. Why should that pattern be disrupted now?
Opponents Estonia started the group well with a brilliant win over Slovenia but followed that up with a defeat at the hands of Lithuania and in Game 4 drew in San Marino. Awful.
So if they can’t score in San Marino why should they score in England? Good point Chris. Marry that point with the fact that England have won to nil in six of their eight matches in this group and you have a logical bet. Problem is, it’s 8/13. Too short.
With that in mind a wee dip into the Correct Score markets looks a logical move and I’ll bank on goals and dutch the 3-0 and 4-0 scorelines at 23/4 and 9/1 (SkyBet‘s exclusive enhanced price) respectively.
England scored three at home against Slovenia, four against Lithuania and five against San Marino. It’s four years since they scored fewer than three at home against a side outside the first three in the group betting. Wales 2011 just in case your were wondering. Yup it’s 3-0 and 4-0 for me, I’m surprised to see 2-0 at the top of the betting.
England v Estonia – England to win 3-0 (23/4 888 Sport)
England v Estonia – England to win 4-0 (9/1 Skybet)
Paddy Power are 1/8 that England beat Estonia on Friday night. But if you’re a new customer you’ll get 3/1!
Fancy it? If so take the offer, email us at [email protected] and we’ll offer the chance to win a cash prize.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|