IT’S all about the top-flight for Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) this week as he picks his best bet in Scotland for us.
Partick Thistle v Aberdeen | Saturday 15:00
Billy Connolly used to joke that he thought that Partick Thistle’s full name was, in fact, “Partick Thistle nil” given the alarming regularity with which those three words were read out together on Final Score.
However, for Jags fans, the joke might be wearing just a wee bit thin because they have been desperately poor in front of goal so far this season.
Indeed, Alan Armstrong’s side have drawn a blank in no fewer than five of their six competitive fixtures this season – the latest setback coming on Tuesday night when Championship side Falkirk won 1-0 at Firhill.
Thistle were terrible, registering just a single shot on target and they were similarly toothless at Tynecastle last weekend, when they were thumped 3-0 by Hearts.
Partick failed to muster a shot on target against the Premiership league leaders (had to get that one in while it’s still true…) and this weekend, they line up against the meanest defence in the Scottish top flight.
Aberdeen have won each of their opening four league matches, scoring seven and conceding just one and the Dons will fancy their chances of further enhancing their reputation for defensive discipline when they visit Maryhill this weekend.
The Jags have managed just two goals so far this season – both against a Kilmarnock side that has leaked 14 goals in five matches this season – and it seems unlikely that the hosts will be afforded such generous opposition this weekend.
Aberdeen are appealing at 4/5 to win on Saturday afternoon, but despite how much of a mismatch this looks to be, I’m reluctant to wade in to an away win at odds on.
They say that fortune favours the brave and, instead, I’ve found a way to get with Derek McInnes’ Dons at odds against for this one – I’m backing Aberdeen to win to nil at a standout 2/1.
Aberdeen to win to nil against Partick Thistle at 2/1 is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Partick Thistle v Aberdeen – Aberdeen to win to nil (2/1 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]