WILLIE Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) likes the look of a Premiership team this weekend in Scotland.
Dundee v St Johnstone | Saturday 15:00
After three Scottish Premiership matches, Dundee have amassed a grand total of four points. However, if Paul Hartley’s men had been a wee bit sharper in front of goal and a wee bit cleverer at the back, it could well have been nine points out of nine.
Being consistently inconsistent seems likely to be Dundee’s biggest handicap this season, but I’m full of confidence that the Dark Blues can bag all three points when they take on an out-of-sorts St Johnstone side at Dens Park on Saturday afternoon.
Saints always seem to start the season slowly and this year has been no exception, having picked up single points at home against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Ross County following an opening-day defeat against Hearts at Tynecastle.
Tommy Wright’s side have been hampered by a number of injuries already this season and, although a few key men are edging closer to a first-team return, their creaky defence will be put to the test by Dundee’s energetic attacking style at Dens Park this weekend.
Paul Hartley’s men showed what they can do when they ripped Kilmarnock to shreds on the opening day of the season, winning 4-0 at Rugby Park and, but for some desperate defending and superb goalkeeping from Neil Alexander last weekend, they could and should have had more than a one-goal lead at half-time against Hearts last weekend.
At Tannadice in midweek, they battered Dundee United before being stung by a Blair Spittal double sucker-punch, but even then, Hartley’s side showed enough character to pick themselves up and claim what looked to be an extremely unlikely point.
Saints don’t often get themselves dragged into high-scoring encounters – indeed, their 4-3 defeat against the Jam Tarts at the start of the season was only the second time in 16 league games that a St Johnstone away-day has featured more than two goals.
My gut feeling is that Dundee will have too much firepower for Tommy Wright’s men this weekend and Rory Loy (if fit), Greg Stewart, Kane Hemmings, Gary Harkins and Paul McGowan all swarming forward is a nightmare combination for a makeshift and ring-rusty Saints defence to line up against.
For that reason, I’m snapping up the 7/5 quotes for Saturday’s Dens Park showdown to be Dee-lightful for Paul Hartley’s hosts. Dundee (7/5) to beat St Johnstone is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Dundee v St Johnstone – Dundee to win (7/5 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|