AFTER a 2-0 win last week, Celtic look to progress in the Champions League against Stjarnan this Wednesday. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) shares his thoughts.
Stjarnan v Celtic | Wednesday 20:15 | BT Sport 1
Last week my approach to the Celtic game was to go low on goals and it paid off as the Scots side won the game just 2-0. Perhaps I got lucky though as a flurry of chances were missed including a Leigh Griffiths penalty.
Opponents Stjarnan offered very little. Just two shots recorded and none of them on target, they’ll have to up their game on Wednesday to have any lingering thoughts of competing in this tie.
The Icelandic side won three of their four home matches in last season’s Europa League but were battered 3-0 by Inter in the other game. Domestically they’ve been having a wretched time of it with no wins in five at Stjornuvollur and four defeats in that period.
As usual, Celtic are a short price to get the victory. Betway go best price 1/2 for them to win here but it’s just too short for me. Celtic only won 1-0 in Iceland last season when they played KR at the same stage and a similar scoreline here wouldn’t surprise me.
It’s the Unders that really appeal from a betting point of view. Under 2.5 is a very reasonable 19/20 with Bet365 but the 11/4 with William Hill on less than 1.5 gets me going. I’ll also a wee nibble on 0-0 at 12/1 with Coral.
Stjarnan looked impotent in front of goal last week and have fired blanks in two of their last four home games. Celtic missed a heap of chances and are slowly easing into the new season. This could be a game without much incident.
Stjarnan v Celtic – Under 1.5 Goals (11/4 William Hill)
Stjarnan v Celtic – 0-0 Correct Score (12/1 Coral)
Like the look of Celtic on Wednesday?
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|