CAN Liverpool maintain their slim Champions League hopes on Monday? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the game for us.
Liverpool v Newcastle | Monday 20:00 | Sky Sports 1
Don’t know about you, but I’m finding it hard to get excited about this game. The only plot-line attached to the match is Liverpool’s slim chance of finishing in the Top 4.
Bookmakers make that as big as 13/2 to happen but by winning here they’ll pull four points behind Man City with six games to play. That still requires struggling City to drop points more than once and Liverpool to put in a flawless round. Yeah, it’s a very slim chance.
As for Newcastle, well I reckon if Alan Pardew left the club a little earlier, things could be a whole lot more nervous at this stage. The club have lost 12 of their last 20 games and picked up just two wins in 13.
With 35 points on the board, and four of the bottom five all losing at the weekend, the relegation train is almost certainly moving too slow to pick them up.
So, what do the odds say? Well, Liverpool are 5/11 best price to win this. That’s a horrible price when you consider the tumult that the club have been through in the last three weeks. Defeats to Man Utd and Arsenal, along with one of their players causing all sorts of problems in the media, I’ll avoid that price thanks.
The price that I like is Under 2.5 Goals. Because there’s such a strong favourite in this game, the bookmakers have priced the Over/Under market as Over friendly, as the anticipation is that the favourites will definitely score at least one against the outsiders. I’m not sure it’s that simple.
Liverpool just haven’t looked prolific in goal this season. Over their last 10 matches, they’ve scored more than one goal just three times and drawn blanks against Blackburn and Besiktas.
For Newcastle, it’s a far worse tale. They haven’t scored more than one in a match since January and have failed to score in four of their last six games. I’m not expecting much here.
Liverpool v Newcastle – Under 2.5 Goals (6/5 Betfair)
Liverpool v Newcastle – No Goalscorer (12/1 William Hill)
Paddy Power are giving two gifts to new customers on Monday.
First they’ll be able to back Liverpool at 7/2, plus they’ll get a free £10 bet if they place one of the same value during the match.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|