FOOTBALL LEAGUE expert Mark O'Haire (@MarkOHaire) returns to share his favourite fancies from Saturday's coupon.
Oldham v Plymouth | Saturday 27th January 2018, 15:00
- Oldham have only won 3/17 League One games since mid-October.
- Oldham have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 outings and managed only 2 shots on-target in their last 2 League One matches.
- Oldham were beaten 3-0 at Peterborough last weekend, meaning they’ve W0-D2-L5 of their last 7 league fixtures.
- Oldham conceded within 16 seconds of their 2-1 Football League Trophy loss to Shrewsbury in midweek.
- Oldham have kept only 3 clean sheets in League One this season and will be without centre-backs Anthony Gerrard and George Edmundson.
- Oldham have only won twice in 10 matches at home to teams in the top 14.
- Eoin Doyle – scorer of 13 (33%) of Oldham’s 40 league goals remains absent.
- Plymouth suffered only their third defeat in 17 and first loss in 9 last weekend against table-topping Wigan.
- Wigan manager admitted “Plymouth didn’t deserve to lose” as they won the xG count 1.58-1.07.
- Plymouth have only lost twice in 8 games away to clubs outside the top-10.
- Plymouth have avoided defeat at Blackburn, Rotherham and Doncaster in recent weeks.
Plymouth +0.50 Asian Handicap can be backed at 22/23 with BetVictor.
Blackpool v Charlton | Saturday 27th January 2018, 15:00
- Blackpool have won just one of their last 12 League One games and only three of 21 league matches since mid-September, losing 11.
- Blackpool went down 2-0 at Wimbledon last weekend – the third successive match they’ve failed to score in.
- 13 (38%) of Blackpool’s 34 league goals have been scored from outside the box – the highest in the division.
- Blackpool have W0-D3-L5 in their last 8 home League One games and have W1-D3-L5 when hosting teams above them in the table.
- Blackpool have kept 4 clean sheets in 23 League One matches and conceded 2 or more goals in 4 of their last 6 league games.
- Charlton have won 3 on the spin following a 3-1 victory over Walsall last weekend.
- Charlton have kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 5 outings, as well as in their last 2 away games, including at table-topping Wigan.
- Charlton boast a 57% xG from open play ratio – the fourth-best in the division.
- Charlton’s on-loan Arsenal forward Stephy Mavididi has scored 2 goals in 4 outings since joining.
Charlton +0.25 Asian Handicap can be backed at 9/11 with BetVictor.
Gillingham v Fleetwood | Saturday 27th January 2018, 15:00
- Gillingham have W8-D6-L2 since Steve Lovell took charge – their 1.88 points per-game average is the third-best in the division since Lovell arrived.
- Gillingham have scored 15 of their 16 League One games under Steve Lovell, scoring 2 goals or more in 6 of their last 7 league matches.
- Gillingham have only conceded 2 or more goals in 3 of their 16 League One games under Steve Lovell.
- Gillingham have W2-D4-L1 at home under Steve Lovell, scoring 9 goals in their last 4 fixtures at the Priestfield Stadium.
- Gillingham’s 4 home defeats this season have all arrived by 1-goal margins.
- Gillingham have seen 7/8 games feature BTTS winners, 6/8 outings produce Over 2.5 Goals and 13/16 games return Over 1.5 Goals profit.
- Fleetwood have W3-D0-L2 in their last 5 and W3-D0-L0 in their last 3 away games but those victories came at struggling Bury, Southend and Oldham.
- Fleetwood have kept only 5 clean sheets in 25 League One matches, as well as only 2 in 13 away.
- Fleetwood have seen Over 2.5 Goals in 5/7 games, BTTS in 5/7 outings and Over 1.5 Goals in 9 of their last 10 matches.
Gillingham double chance and Over 1.5 Goals is available at evens with 188BET.