EFL Cup finalists Manchester United continue on the Cup trail when they face Wigan on Sunday. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the match for us.
Manchester United v Wigan | Sunday 16:00 | BBC One
- Ex-Manchester United U21 coach Warren Joyce takes his Wigan side to Old Trafford for this FA Cup Fourth Round clash.
- It's been a tough 13 games in charge for Joyce, he's won just four of them, although three have come in his last three matches.
- Athletic are above the Championship relegation zone purely on goal difference and a long few months lie ahead as they bid to stay in the second tier.
- Clearly this match is all about Manchester United though. Well it should be at odds of 1/5.
- Manager Jose Mourinho tends to take this competition seriously, but with a League Cup semi-final less than 72 hours before this game he may play more fringe players.
- Eric Bailly is back from the African Nations Cup and Luke Shaw could return after a lengthy injury lay-off. United are home to Hull in the league on Wednesday night, a far bigger fixture.
- Regular readers will know I'm not purring over this United side and while I admire them defensively, I still think they lack sparkle in the final third.
- With just 33 league goals recorded this season, they sit way off the pace in the scorers chart.
- On the flip side, only Chelsea and Tottenham have conceded fewer than Manchester United this season and that's an angle I'll look to exploit here.
- I'm confident Mourinho's men can keep it clean at the back but don't envisage them hacking up in front. With this in mind I'll back them to win by 1-0 and 2-0 scorelines.
Manchester United v Wigan – Manchester United to win 1-0 (83/10 Marathon Bet)
Manchester United v Wigan – Manchester United to win 2-0 (11/2 Marathon Bet)