ANYTIME GOALSCORER genius Gavin Horsfall (@GHorsfall) marks your card ahead of Good Friday and Easter Saturday’s Football League action.
Shrewsbury v Port Vale | Good Friday 15.00
A good game in prospect at Shrewsbury where the hosts – unbeaten in eight – welcome a Port Vale side making the short journey down the A53 with live ambitions of a play-off spot.
An impressive run it may be from Micky Mellon's side but they conceded twice from corners against Bury last time and were incredibly sloppy defensively in the 2-2 draw at home to Scunthorpe the week before.
Vale left-back Carl Dickinson (20/1 Bet365) doesn't have a goalscoring record to shout about, as the price suggests, but he's just the kind for me to take advantage of a lapse in concentration at a Michael O'Connor set-piece for the visitors.
Accrington v Leyton Orient | Good Friday 15.00
Time for the teams on the periphery of achievement to knuckle down and get results in all divisions this Easter.
One such team is Accrington, who showed signs of intent this week with the capture of Andy Little from Preston and Tarique Fosu from Reading.
Josh Windass is mooted to return for the visit of Leyton Orient but it’s worth taking a chance on Scott Brown (15/2 Bet365) who has done well since arriving from Grimsby, carving a little niche for himself in the Stanley side for getting into space on the 18-yard line.
Opponents Leyton Orient have worked their way into the play-offs following a decent little run but Crawley and Morecambe aside, aren't high on the shot count.
Swindon v Wigan | Saturday 17.15 | Sky Sports 1
That Swindon form looks strong to me; they were full value for the point at Coventry last time out, unbeaten in seven and look full of goals at the County Ground.
Wigan head to Wiltshire unbeaten in 16 but with that 3-3 draw at Colchester fresh in the memory. Both sides are in excellent nick but with one under slightly different pressures than the other.
The home side make an interesting proposition here with QPR loanee Michael Doughty (5/1 Bet365) getting the nod. The 23 year-old has four in six from his midfield role.
Shrewsbury v Port Vale – Carl Dickinson to score at anytime (20/1 Bet365)
Accrington v Leyton Orient – Scott Brown to score at anytime (15/2 Bet365)
Swindon v Wigan – Michael Doughty to score at anytime (5/1 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.