IN-FORM Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) picks out his favourite fancies from Wednesday night’s Champions League coupon.
Rostov v Bayern Munich | Wednesday 17:00 | BT Sport 2
- Rostov have W19-D7-L1 at home across all competitions, keeping 14/27 clean sheets.
- Rostov have only W4-D3-L7 in their last 14 games but conceded 2+ in 2/10.
- Rostov have failed to score in 5/7 but scored in 13/15 home games.
- Rostov haven’t lost by 2 or more goals at home since September 2014 – a 38-game streak.
- Rostov have lost by 3+ goals just twice since April 2013 – a 65-game streak. Rostov have a fully fit squad available.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D3-L2 in their last 10 outings.
- Bayern Munich are off top spot in the Bundesliga for the first time since September 2014.
- Bayern Munich haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 5 games and only kept 1/10 clean sheets now.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D1-L2 away this season – only 1/8 game saw them win by 3+ goals and that came against lower league opposition in the DFB Pokal in August with only 3/8 games won by 2+ goals.
- Bayern Munich W5-D4-L7 away in the Champions League since April 2014 – only 3/16 games saw them win by 2+ goals
- Bayern Munich have kept only 4/16 away Champions League clean sheets and scored 2+ goals in 7/16 away Champions League games.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D3-L1 in their last 9 trips to Russia – temperatures are set to be around -3c by kick-off.
- Kingsley Coman and Javi Martinez are out, Arjen Robben and Arturo Vidal are doubts and Manuel Neuer hasn’t travelled.
Back Rostov +2 on the Asian Handicap market (8/11 188BET) – we’ll see our stake returned if Bayern Munich win by exactly two goals.
Besiktas v Benfica | Wednesday 17:45 | BT Sport Extra
- Besiktas have W9-D7-L0 in 16 games this season, scoring in all 16.
- Besiktas have kept only 4/16 clean sheets leading to 12/16 winning Both Teams To Score bets.
- Besiktas are the only unbeaten team in Group B (W1-D3-L0) – all 4 games have featured Both Teams To Score winners.
- Besiktas have only W1/6 at home in Europe and have W0/5 at home in the Champions League group phase.
- Besiktas have only kept 1/12 home clean sheets in the Champions League.
- Besiktas are without Veli Kavlak, Anderson Talisca, Caner Erkin and Aras Ozbiliz. Rhodolfo could continue at centre-back, with Dusko Tosic moved to left-back to cover for Caner Erkin.
- Benfica have W12-D3-L1 in 16 games this season including W7-D1-L0 recently.
- Benfica have scored in all 16 games this season but kept 8 clean sheets.
- Benfica have W2-D1-L1 in Group B – 2/4 games featuring Both Teams To Score winners, only the double-header with Dynamo Kiev failing to bank.
- Benfica have scored in 13/14 Champions League games since 2015/16 – only failing to net away to Bayern Munich – 9/14 matches saw Both Teams To Score profit.
- Benfica have only kept 1/8 clean sheet away in Champions League action.
- Benfica have W16-D1-L0 in their last 17 away league fixtures.
- Benfica are without central midfielder Andre Horta and partner Lubomir Fejsa is a serious doubt whilst highly rated left-back Alejandro Grimaldo is sidelined and Jonas isn’t match fit.
Back Both Teams To Score (10/11 William Hill)
Ludogorets v Basel | Wednesday 19:45 | BT Sport Extra
- Ludogorets have W10/10 in league action – the longest current run in Europe – and are unbeaten in 14 games domestically (W13-D1-L0).
- Ludogorets have scored in 24/26 games this season, scoring 2+ in 21/26.
- Ludogorets have kept 9/26 clean sheets, leading to 15/26 Both Teams To Score winners.
- Ludogorets scored and took the lead in both games at home to Arsenal and PSG – 3/4 Group A Champions League games have featured Both Teams To Score.
- Ludogorets have only won once in the Champions League group-stage – v Basel two years ago – but have scored in 5/5 home group games with 4/5 seeing Both Teams To Score.
- Claudiu Keseru has scored 9 goals in his last 8 games.
- Vitinha is a doubt for Ludogorets but is the club’s only injury issue.
- Basel are unbeaten in 18 domestic fixtures (W15-D2-L0 this season and lead the Swiss Super League by 15 points.
- Basel have scored in 20/22 games this season, scoring 2+ in 15/22.
- Basel have kept 8/22 clean sheets, leading to 12/22 Both Teams To Score winners.
- Basel have scored in 2/4 Group A games but hit the woodwork on 3 occasions.
- Basel have scored in 7/12 Champions League group games since 2014/15, keeping only 2 clean sheets.
- Basel have lost 6/7 away Champions League group games.
- Basel are without suspended Serey Die and Renato Steffen whilst Jean-Paul Boetius, Manuel Akanji, Kevin Bua and Michael Lang are all doubts.
Back Both Teams To Score (4/5 Betfair)
Rostov v Bayern Munich – Rostov +2 Asian Handicap (8/11 188BET)
Besiktas v Benfica – Both Teams To Score (10/11 William Hill)
Ludogorets v Basel – Both Teams To Score (4/5 Betfair)