IN-FORM Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) picks out his favourite fancies from Wednesday night’s Champions League coupon.
Rostov v Bayern Munich | Wednesday 17:00 | BT Sport 2
- Rostov have W19-D7-L1 at home across all competitions, keeping 14/27 clean sheets.
- Rostov have only W4-D3-L7 in their last 14 games but conceded 2+ in 2/10.
- Rostov have failed to score in 5/7 but scored in 13/15 home games.
- Rostov haven’t lost by 2 or more goals at home since September 2014 – a 38-game streak.
- Rostov have lost by 3+ goals just twice since April 2013 – a 65-game streak. Rostov have a fully fit squad available.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D3-L2 in their last 10 outings.
- Bayern Munich are off top spot in the Bundesliga for the first time since September 2014.
- Bayern Munich haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 5 games and only kept 1/10 clean sheets now.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D1-L2 away this season – only 1/8 game saw them win by 3+ goals and that came against lower league opposition in the DFB Pokal in August with only 3/8 games won by 2+ goals.
- Bayern Munich W5-D4-L7 away in the Champions League since April 2014 – only 3/16 games saw them win by 2+ goals
- Bayern Munich have kept only 4/16 away Champions League clean sheets and scored 2+ goals in 7/16 away Champions League games.
- Bayern Munich have W5-D3-L1 in their last 9 trips to Russia – temperatures are set to be around -3c by kick-off.
- Kingsley Coman and Javi Martinez are out, Arjen Robben and Arturo Vidal are doubts and Manuel Neuer hasn’t travelled.
Back Rostov +2 on the Asian Handicap market (8/11 188BET) – we’ll see our stake returned if Bayern Munich win by exactly two goals.
Besiktas v Benfica | Wednesday 17:45 | BT Sport Extra
- Besiktas have W9-D7-L0 in 16 games this season, scoring in all 16.
- Besiktas have kept only 4/16 clean sheets leading to 12/16 winning Both Teams To Score bets.
- Besiktas are the only unbeaten team in Group B (W1-D3-L0) – all 4 games have featured Both Teams To Score winners.
- Besiktas have only W1/6 at home in Europe and have W0/5 at home in the Champions League group phase.
- Besiktas have only kept 1/12 home clean sheets in the Champions League.
- Besiktas are without Veli Kavlak, Anderson Talisca, Caner Erkin and Aras Ozbiliz. Rhodolfo could continue at centre-back, with Dusko Tosic moved to left-back to cover for Caner Erkin.
- Benfica have W12-D3-L1 in 16 games this season including W7-D1-L0 recently.
- Benfica have scored in all 16 games this season but kept 8 clean sheets.
- Benfica have W2-D1-L1 in Group B – 2/4 games featuring Both Teams To Score winners, only the double-header with Dynamo Kiev failing to bank.
- Benfica have scored in 13/14 Champions League games since 2015/16 – only failing to net away to Bayern Munich – 9/14 matches saw Both Teams To Score profit.
- Benfica have only kept 1/8 clean sheet away in Champions League action.
- Benfica have W16-D1-L0 in their last 17 away league fixtures.
- Benfica are without central midfielder Andre Horta and partner Lubomir Fejsa is a serious doubt whilst highly rated left-back Alejandro Grimaldo is sidelined and Jonas isn’t match fit.
Back Both Teams To Score (10/11 William Hill)
Ludogorets v Basel | Wednesday 19:45 | BT Sport Extra
- Ludogorets have W10/10 in league action – the longest current run in Europe – and are unbeaten in 14 games domestically (W13-D1-L0).
- Ludogorets have scored in 24/26 games this season, scoring 2+ in 21/26.
- Ludogorets have kept 9/26 clean sheets, leading to 15/26 Both Teams To Score winners.
- Ludogorets scored and took the lead in both games at home to Arsenal and PSG – 3/4 Group A Champions League games have featured Both Teams To Score.
- Ludogorets have only won once in the Champions League group-stage – v Basel two years ago – but have scored in 5/5 home group games with 4/5 seeing Both Teams To Score.
- Claudiu Keseru has scored 9 goals in his last 8 games.
- Vitinha is a doubt for Ludogorets but is the club’s only injury issue.
- Basel are unbeaten in 18 domestic fixtures (W15-D2-L0 this season and lead the Swiss Super League by 15 points.
- Basel have scored in 20/22 games this season, scoring 2+ in 15/22.
- Basel have kept 8/22 clean sheets, leading to 12/22 Both Teams To Score winners.
- Basel have scored in 2/4 Group A games but hit the woodwork on 3 occasions.
- Basel have scored in 7/12 Champions League group games since 2014/15, keeping only 2 clean sheets.
- Basel have lost 6/7 away Champions League group games.
- Basel are without suspended Serey Die and Renato Steffen whilst Jean-Paul Boetius, Manuel Akanji, Kevin Bua and Michael Lang are all doubts.
Back Both Teams To Score (4/5 Betfair)
Rostov v Bayern Munich – Rostov +2 Asian Handicap (8/11 188BET)
Besiktas v Benfica – Both Teams To Score (10/11 William Hill)
Ludogorets v Basel – Both Teams To Score (4/5 Betfair)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|