THE regular Football League season concludes this weekend and Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) shares his four favourite fancies from the coupon.
Middlesbrough v Brighton | Saturday 12.30 | Sky Sports
- Two teams on 88 points – enough for automatic promotion in each of the past 14 seasons.
- Winner wins promotion to the Premier League.
- Middlesbrough require just a point for promotion.
- Middlesbrough W16-D4-L2 at home and unbeaten at the Riverside since January.
- Middlesbrough have shipped just seven goals at home.
- Brighton W9-D11-L2 away but unbeaten in 13 (W9-D4-L0) with one defeat in 19 (W13-D5-L1).
- Middlesbrough have seen HT draws in 12/22 (55%) home and Brighton have followed suit in 13/22 (59%).
- With stakes so high and two tense teams on show, this might be a slow-burner.
Preston v Leeds | Saturday 12.30
- Leeds surprisingly beaten at home to Charlton last weekend but W3-D1-L0 in previous four matches.
- Steve Evans and club still keen on completing the campaign in the top-half.
- Leeds have W7-D8-L7 away – exclude the top-three and Leeds have W7-D8-L4 away.
- Preston W3-D4-L5 in their most recent 12 outings.
- Preston W7-D9-L6 at home in the league, exclude sides in 16th and below and they’ve W2-D6-L5 at home.
- Only scored 20 home goals – the second-worst tally in the division.
- Leeds avoiding defeat in 15/19 at teams outside the top-three and Preston winning only 2/13 from the top-15, we’ll make money if Leeds avoid defeat again.
Accrington v Stevenage | Saturday 15.00
- Accrington need a win to confirm promotion.
- Accrington’s 65% shots-on-target ratio figure the league’s best – suggests most dominant team in League Two this season – extends to 67% at home.
- Accrington W11-D8-L3 at home this season – 7/11 home wins included BTTS.
- Accrington seen 18/22 at home feature BTTS but scored 2+ in 12/22 home.
- Stevenage W3-D4-L1 in last eight games including four clean sheets.
- Stevenage W5-D6-L11 away, keeping just one clean sheet.
- Stevenage seen 16/22 away games feature BTTS, only failing to score in five.
Swindon v Shrewsbury | Sunday 12.30
- Two teams safe with little bar pride to play for, which could result in an open and entertaining encounter.
- Swindon seen 16/22 home games feature BTTS and 15/22 home games feature Over 2.5 Goals.
- Swindon have scored in 18/22 home games, notched 2+ goals in 11/22 at home but kept only 2/22 clean sheets at the County Ground.
- Star midfield man Yaser Kasim is expected to return to Swindon’s XI here.
- Shrewsbury’s last 11 matches have featured 43 goals – an average of 3.91 goals-per-game – as all 11 featured BTTS and 9/11 Over 2.5 Goals.
- Shrewsbury have seen 15/22 away feature BTTS and 13/22 away feature Over 2.5 Goals.
- Shrewsbury have scored in 17/22 away, notching 2+ goals in 9/22 away but only keeping 4/22 clean sheets on their travels.
Middlesbrough v Brighton – 0-0 half-time correct score (7/4 William Hill)
Leeds v Preston – Leeds +0.25 Asian Handicap (7/6 BetVictor)
Swindon v Shrewsbury – Over 2.5 Goals and Both Teams To Score (5/6 Stan James)
Accrington v Stevenage – Accrington to win and Both Teams To Score (85/40 BetVictor)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|