NON-LEAGUE expert Callum Jones (@Goaldust) has unearthed a slice of midweek value from the National Leagues on Tuesday night.
Torquay v Chester | Tuesday 19.45
A trip to Torquay on a Tuesday night is hardly what Chester need right now.
I outlined their troubles ahead of Saturday’s game against Boreham Wood but I thought their chance had come to turn things around upon finding out the visitors’ bus had been delayed on the way to the Deva.
But still, despite going ahead twice, their vulnerability was all too evident again as Boreham Wood levelled in the 90th minute to take a hard earned point back down to Hertfordshire.
All of a sudden, Steve Burr’s men are looking nervously over their shoulders. The Seals still hold a five-point cushion from the drop zone but have fewer games remaining than their relegation rivals; a comfortable mid-table finish appears a million miles away now.
In fact, three points for Torquay on Tuesday would move them to within one point of Chester – with a crucial game in hand.
The Gulls’ eight-game unbeaten run came to an end with a bang on Easter Saturday at Dover, and despite another defeat that followed to Eastleigh, they got back on track on Saturday with an excellent win at Gateshead.
That victory in the north-east displayed a great deal of mettle after their miracle run came to a thumping end, and I’d much rather be behind Kevin Nicholson’s side to stay up than the likes of Altrincham, Guiseley or Boreham Wood.
Remember: this is a Chester side that have lost 11 of their last 16 league fixtures on the road, and have won only one of their last nine, home and away.
I’d have probably been inclined to back Torquay at around about even-money for this one, so you can only imagine my delight at finding the 6/4 available about a home win.
The Gulls have conceded only once in their last four at Plainmoor, and have the required firepower at their disposal to put away the porous visitors.
Torquay v Chester – Torquay to win (6/4 William Hill)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|