OUT of the title race, can Arsenal gain some pride here against West Brom. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the match for us.
Arsenal v West Brom | Thursday 19:45 | Sky Sports 1
What can you make of Arsenal at the moment? We’re all used to these mini-crises with the North London club but things seem to have reached a real low here.
It’s been a damning 2016 for the club and since their FA Cup Third Round win over Sunderland on the ninth day of the year they’ve won just six of their 19 matches.
Their usual end of season romp hasn’t materialised yet and they’ve dropped points in five of their last seven Premier League games. All that excitement over Christmas has completely vanished.
The two occasions on which they picked up maximum points were against Everton (in awful form just now) and Watford (another side who’ve fallen from grace since the turn of the year).
Their opponents on Thursday are West Brom. It’s hard to feel anything about this side. They just drift along in mid-table struggling to score goals.
Albion have won just one of their last six games (a 1-0 home win over Manchester United was the only shining star) and lost three within that period.
The Baggies have lost 10 times this season and on six occasions have lost by just the odd goal. With those stats in mind the 2/7 on Arsenal looks very short here.
Tony Pulis’ side have struggled away from The Hawthorns though and have won just once in the league since November on the road and that was against an Everton side who peppered their goal throughout the match.
This is a horrible match to bet on. On current form Arsenal have no right to be as short as 2/7, even against this insipid side but anything other than an Arsenal win seems unlikely even though the Gunners have won just one of their last six home games and face an increasingly disenchanted home crowd.
It’s rare I plunge into goalscorer markets but the Win-Draw-Win prices are just suffocating. After a sluggish return from injury Alexis Sanchez seems to have rediscovered his blistering form with goals in consecutive games now.
Betfred are a standout 11/8 on him scoring on Thursday and that looks decent to me.
Arsenal v West Brom – Alexis Sanchez to score anytime (11/8 Betfred)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.