NON-LEAGUE expert Callum Jones (@Goaldust) was bang on the money for Good Friday. Can he repeat the feat on Easter Monday with his National League NAP?
Aldershot v Braintree | Easter Monday 15.00
I was challenged by a few on Good Friday when putting up Braintree as my NAP, and with just cause – the Iron have been dealing with a number of injuries, particularly to their forward unit.
But they did what they’ve been doing all season – keeping it tight at the back and nicking a goal or two down the other end.
They bagged their 21st home league goal of the season against Bromley and Danny Cowley’s side have actually been more prolific on the road, notching 23 in 17 games away from home. So you imagine they’ll be feeling confident about heading to the Recreation Ground to face Aldershot on Easter Monday.
The Shots have been in woeful form in recent weeks. They’ve managed just one win in eight – and that came against a Welling side who’ve basically become a free pass at this point…
It’s been the goals that have been the big problem. Aldershot have failed to score in nine of their 16 home games and against sides in the top-half of the National League they’ve only managed five goals in nine games on their own turf – failing to score on five occasions.
Barry Smith’s side are missing a proper goalscorer – if you take out top marksman Charlie Walker from their scoring charts, the next best tally is four. It’s just not enough.
The Shots home form has been a really worry as only four sides have picked up fewer points in familiar surroundings than Aldershot and they’re in the bottom four in the division.
Now at this is the point I should probably be telling you to pile into Braintree at 6/4 on Easter Monday but they haven’t picked up three points on the road in their last five, and have only managed two goals in that period, so we’ll swerve that and go down the goals route.
I stumbled across a remarkable stat when researching this one and I’m still struggling to believe it. In Braintree’s last 17 fixtures in all competitions, only one of those games has seen three or more goals in it. That is astonishing.
Those 17 games have seen just 23 goals in total, an average of 1.35 goals-per-game. Perhaps those counting sheep should get themselves down to Cressing Road.
But all jokes aside, that ratio is ridiculous and if I was smart enough to recalculate it into betting terms, I’m sure I’d be gasping and depositing in perfect synchronicity.
So while this is a tad short for my liking, the 4/5 (Sportingbet) about Under 2.5 Goals in Easter Monday’s match-up seems marvellous value – and when it comes to marvellous value, I just cannot say no.
Aldershot v Braintree – Under 2.5 Goals (4/5 Sportingbet)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected].co.uk to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.