IRISH football correspondent Dylan O’Neill (@Dylanoneill_95) has unearthed a slice of value in Tuesday night’s EA Sports Cup action.
Finn Harps v Cockill Celtic | Tuesday 20.00
Tuesday night marks the opening round of the EA Sports Cup, Ireland’s League Cup, AS Finn Harps host Ulster Senior League side Cockhill Celtic.
Finn Harps were promoted to Ireland’s top tier last having finished second to Wexford Youths and defeating Limerick 2-1 on aggregate in a play-off promotion/relegation battle.
So far Harps have found it tough readapting to life in the Premier Division, winning just one game of their opening four – against Derry City 2-1 on the opening day of the season. However, this win was fortunate considering Derry numerous missed opportunities, especially early on with the game still 0-0.
Since then, defeats to Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have brought Harps back down to earth and having been hit by several injuries in recent weeks, including some of their new signings, it doesn’t look like things will be getting any easier in the short-term.
On Tuesday, Harps take on Ulster Senior League champions Cockhill Celtic. Cockhill have improved dramatically in recent years and boast several Ex-Finn Harps players in their team including Gerry Gill, Darren Coyle, Garbhan Fried and Ronan Doherty.
Ex-Finn Harps player Gavin Cullen is also now manager of Cockhill, having taken over at the start of the season, and has guided the club to the top of the table with a game in hand, with seven wins from 10, 32 goals scored and just five against. Celtic look on track for a fourth successive Ulster Senior League title.
With a mounting injury list, Finn Harps manager Ollie Horgan may be tempted to rest many of his regular starting XI with another important league clash against Longford Town on Saturday evening. Considering this is only the League Cup, Horgan’s immediate priority will be to survive and, with most players in the team part-time, he’ll be keen to keep the squad fresh.
Taking all this into account, I feel the +1.75 on Cockhill Celtic on the Asian Handicap line with Bet365 is very much worth taking here. Having Finn Harps at 1/5 is an absolute mockery and though they might get a win, I really can’t see them winning by two to three against an improving Cockhill side.
With this selection, we’ll make money should Cockill lose by just a solitary goal, draw or win. But if the visitors are defeated by exactly two goals, we’ll only lose half of our stake – the only way we’ll lose our full stake is if Harps run out winners by three or more goals.
Finn Harps v Cockill Celtic – Cockill Celtic +1.75 Asian Handicap (1/1 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.