A brilliant day for The Voice Of Value (@TheVoiceOfValue) on Thursday. Here he looks at the Martin Pipe Hurdle for us.
16:50 Cheltenham | Channel 4
This race is often targeted by a trainer who knows he or she has a well handicapped horse but also knows that he or she has a good conditional jockey who can be a great asset on the day.
Gordon Elliott must think he has both because Squouateur has been backed for the race from the moment that market opened and he is now as short as 100/30 in some places.
This is a competitive old race and I just can’t be backing anything at that price. I should say though that the horse does appeal and Jack Kennedy is a cracking young jockey so if you managed to get a decent each way price on this one you can be quite happy with yourself.
I’m torn between two here and I think there is value in backing both of them. Qualando has been targeted at this race all season after winning the Fred Winter here last season in great style.
Paul Nicholls reckons he is a spring horse and he looks extremely well handicapped for this given his performance last year. There is nothing better than course form in my opinion, particularly at Cheltenham and with Nicholls’ hurdlers in good form and a capable jockey in the shape of Harry Cobden I can see him running a big race.
The second selection is Flying Angel for Nigel Twiston-Davies and the useful young jockey Ryan Hatch. The horse bolted up in the Imperial Cup at Sandown last week and although the gap between that race and this is probably not ideal he wouldn’t be the first horse to win at Cheltenham after that meeting and it is difficult to ignore the fact that he is clearly very well handicapped.
Twiston-Davies’ horses are in fine form and I was surprised that he wasn’t shorter than 14/1. Another nice each way price as far as I’m concerned.
16:50 Cheltenham – Qualando each way (9/1 Ladbrokes)
16:50 Cheltenham – Flying Angel each way (14/1 Ladbrokes)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Are you yet to sign-up for a betting account at Ladbrokes? If so, now is your time as we’ve a bucket load of free bets to giveaway to new customers.
Sign-up to Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your new account as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Free bets can take up to 28 days to be credited.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with Ladbrokes. if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Back our No-Lose NAP & Get your money back if it DOESN’T win!
There are fewer things Chris Graham enjoys more than the Cheltenham Festival and he’s confidently put up Unowhatimeanharry in the Stayers Hurdle at 3.30.
We’re so confident Chris has again made the right call that we’re offering you the opportunity to pocket a risk-free, no-lose NAP. Just open an account with our Cheltenham partners 10BET via any of the 10BET links on this page.
- Back Unowhatimeanharry (min £10 stake).
- If it wins, you’ll pocket a tidy sum. If the bet loses, we’ll cover the cost up to £10.
- After you open your account email us at [email protected] with your username and stake details of your bet.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|