THE VOICE OF VALUE (@TheVoiceOfValue) provides his expert analysis on the final Festival race from Thursday, the Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase.
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase | Thursday 17.30 | Racing UK
Very competitive stuff expected here with all the best amateur riders from the UK and Ireland turning up.
The best angle in this race is to stick with the more experienced amateurs like Nina Carberry, Jamie Codd, Derek O’Connor and Katy Walsh. Their experience can be vital but they also need a good horse to get the job done.
I’m very excited about this race because there are quite a few that I fancy.
Jamie Codd rides a previous Cheltenham winner in the shape of Cause of Causes (11/2 Ladbrokes), who I absolutely have to back given his previous form here (winning over 4 miles last year), the good jockey on board and the fact that his other runs this season have been over inadequate trips or with ground that might not be ideal.
As a result Cause of Causes is very nicely handicapped and there is no doubt that Gordon Elliot is targeting this race. Get the waders on for the lucky last and have a decent each-way bet on this one.
I can see him swinging on the bridle coming to the last and would be surprised if he doesn’t get a place.
Those who have been following my guides since Tuesday will remember that I was very keen on Indian Castle (20/1 Ladbrokes) for the Ultima Handicap but he was pulled out at the last minute and now runs here it would appear. J
J King is onboard and although he doesn’t have as many regular rides as others, he does have plenty of winning experience and returns a level stakes profit when riding chasers under rules over the last five years in Ireland.
I made the case for the horse on Tuesday and those points remain valid – he is on a very competitive mark when you consider his run in the Ultima last year and at 20/1 he looks like value in this race too.
I should also mention that Ian Williams is one out of one at the Festival this year with Ballyalton bolting up so there are no worries about this being a smaller yard – they are bang in form and hopefully Indian Castle runs as well as Ballyalton did.
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase – Cause Of Causes (11/2 each-way Ladbrokes)
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase – Indian Castle (20/1 each-way Ladbrokes)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
Are you yet to sign-up for a betting account at Ladbrokes? If so, now is your time as we’ve a bucket load of free bets to giveaway to new customers.
Sign-up to Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £10).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your new account as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Free bets can take up to 28 days to be credited.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with Ladbrokes. if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Back our No-Lose NAP & Get your money back if it DOESN’T win!
There are fewer things Chris Graham enjoys more than the Cheltenham Festival and he’s confidently put up Unowhatimeanharry in the Stayers Hurdle at 3.30.
We’re so confident Chris has again made the right call that we’re offering you the opportunity to pocket a risk-free, no-lose NAP. Just open an account with our Cheltenham partners 10BET via any of the 10BET links on this page.
- Back Unowhatimeanharry (min £10 stake).
- If it wins, you’ll pocket a tidy sum. If the bet loses, we’ll cover the cost up to £10.
- After you open your account email us at [email protected] with your username and stake details of your bet.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|