WILL Arsenal’s amazing FA Cup run continue on Sunday when they meet Watford? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the odds.
Arsenal v Watford | Sunday 13:30 | BT Sport 2
Arsenal played like an angry, pissed off side on Tuesday night as they crushed Hull 4-0 in the Fifth Round of this competition. Can they maintain that mood here against Watford?
The Gunners come into this game in an angsty frame of mind. It’s all good and well beating a Championship side 4-0 but when your much-coveted title bid falls apart then the garden is certainly not rosy.
Eight points behind Leicester with just nine games left, that deficit might inspire them on Sunday to push harder in the FA Cup and to use the competition to deflect their shortcomings in the league.
It’s over three years since they lost in the tournament and this year they’ve beaten Sunderland, Burnley and Hull after a replay. This should be their biggest test yet.
There’s been lots to like about Watford this season but it’s fair to say their form has hit a trough since the heady days of Christmas when they were mingling just outside the Top 4.
Now in 14th position in the table, they’ve won just two of their 12 league games since Christmas Day and those were against Newcastle and Crystal Palace, two sides in equally poor form this year.
Despite continuing not to garner much from proceedings in the last few weeks their performance levels have been decent. A draw at Stamford Bridge, a one goal loss to Tottenham and an excellent display against Manchester United have all been recent and offer hope here.
Their FA Cup draws have been fairly kind with one goal wins coming against Newcastle, Nottingham Forest and Leeds. In fact Watford have yet to concede a goal in the competition this season.
Lack of goals has been a theme in Watford games recently and amazingly seven of their last eight matches have gone Under 2.5 Goals. It’s surprising to see it priced up at odds against here.
Arsenal’s stats at the Emirates tend to support that bet too. Three of their last five home matches hit the Under 2.5 line and they’ve failed to score in four of their last seven games in Islington.
Watford should be really up for this and I can see this being a tight encounter. Rather than going Watford +1 on the Asians I’ll take Under 2.5 Goals.
Arsenal v Watford – Under 2.5 Goals (5/4 Betfair Sportsbook)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your new account as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365 or Coral. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.