LOUIS Ross (@LouisRoss67) can’t wait for the big one. Here are his Super Bowl 50 views.
Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos | Sunday 23:30 | Sky Sports 1
This is it. The best single day of the year in my sporting calendar. For the 50th time, the champions of the AFC and NFC meet for one of the biggest prizes in all of sport.
Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California is the host. The new home of the San Francisco 49ers will be the venue for the meeting of Peyton Manning’s Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers of Cam Newton.
The 2015 season has been full of surprises. Despite an 8-0 start the Denver Broncos were not exactly impressing by the time they met Kansas in Week 10.
Sadly, the benching of Manning during that game after four picks had looked all too predictable. Denver were winning games despite Peyton, not because of him.
More of a shock was that with Brock Osweiler under centre these Broncos went 5-2 in their next seven games. Manning meanwhile was recovering from various injuries and some untrue allegations about growth hormone.
The appearance of one of the games greatest ever Quarterbacks in the Championship game at home to New England was a boost to a team that seems to have found its feet without him.
Make no mistake though, this team is built on its Defence. Wade Phillips unit has been the best in the NFL all season and destroyed the Patriots. 17 hits on Brady pretty much won the game for Denver.
Talib and Hall are just about the best Cornerback pair around, DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller are beasts in the backfield. So, it’s pretty obvious I think the Panthers win then ……
Carolina were under rated by everyone all season. They were just one point favourites against Dallas late in the season. They were solid NAPs of mine several times this season as they overcame six point handicaps with 30 point wins.
I have to be honest I just did not see them going all the way. There seemed to be something missing. I think it’s similar to Leicester. The only thing really missing is big names. What else can you not like?
Cam Newton is by some distance the season MVP. Jonathan Stewart has been a stellar Running Back and Ted Ginn has performed in a way that you could never have imagined when he couldn’t even make the Cardinals Special Teams squad.
As with Denver, this team also has an elite Defence. The Panthers and the amazing Luke Keuchly in particular have just crushed everyone. Perhaps most surprisingly when they took Seatlle apart in the first half of their Divisional match up.
Everyone wants to see a classic here. I fear far more a Super Bowl 48 where Denver were beaten well before Half Time. We have two elite Defences here, but you can see Cam finding holes down the middle of the Denver Defence.
Greg Olsen could have a huge game as Cam spreads the field. The only place to beat Carolina is downfield surely and I really can’t see Manning still having the arm to do that.
In fact I see Brandon McManus and his kicking game keeping Denver in the game to a degree. When Denver do manage to stop Newton, Graham Gano is also an excellent kicker and there’s some value to be had in the Field Goal markets. My prediction is Cam passes for 300 yards and Carolina wins 31-16.
Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos – More than 3 Field Goals (6/4 Bet365)
Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos – Greg Olsen Anytime Touchdown (6/4 Skybet)
Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos – Ted Ginn to score 2 or more Touchdowns (16/1 Paddy Power)
Did you know, WeLoveBetting will give you FREE CASH every time you open a new account with a bookie via our site? It’s true.
All players will be offered a free cash prize or the chance to win £100 cash just for picking five winners in a row – you don’t even have to back them.
Just sign-up with a bookmaker via any of the links on our site, deposit then email us at [email protected] and we’ll get the ball rolling.
- Register a new bookmaker account via any of the links on WLB
- Deposit and take advantage of their sign-up offer.
- Email us at [email protected] to confirm your registration came from WLB.
- We’ll offer you free cash or the chance to gamble your way to a £100 jackpot.
- You don’t get this anywhere else so keep it WLB!
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|