BOOKINGS boss Gavin Murphy (@GamePlanGavin) is back in business with a bet from Wednesday night’s Champions League action.
Gent v Wolfsburg | Wednesday 19.45 | BT Sport 2
A depleted Wolfsburg side travel to Belgium to tackle surprise outfit Gent in Champions League Last 16, first leg action on Wednesday.
The Germans collected just eight cards in their six group games and three of those went to bustling centre-half Naldo, who won’t be playing through suspended.
The official here is Norwegian Svein Oddvar. Scandinavian referees are typically lenient and he averages just 2.3 cards-per-game in his three Champions League games.
He gave zero cards in the Wolfsburg v CSKA match and just one during Sevilla v Manchester City. His only blemish was the crunch encounter between Zenit and Valencia when he dished out four yellows and a red.
Gent were a dirtier team than Wolfsburg in the group stages but most of their cards came in away games.
With a lenient referee in charge, I’m backing Under 45 Bookings Points with William Hill at 8/11.
If you’re new to Bookings Points, a yellow card earns 10 points and a red card earns 25 points. If a player receives 2 yellow cards and is consequently shown a red card, he receives a total of 35 booking points.
Gent v Wolfsburg – Under 45 Bookings Points (8/11 William Hill)
Did you know, new Ladbrokes customers are entitled to a huge £50 matched first bet? Did you also know that, if you join Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, you’ll be entitled to an exclusive £10 free bet AND free cash from WLB with the opportunity to win up to £100?
It’s all true, folks. Here’s how:
- Join Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet as a new customer.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified, we’ll arrange for another £10 free bet to be delivered to your account.
- We’ll then give you the offer to take £10 cash or if you prefer, set you a betting challenge that could net you up to £100 cash!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify.