CARD KING Gavin Murphy (@GamePlanGavin) recommends an “unmissable” opportunity to get behind a bookings bet in Serie A on Sunday.
Chievo v Empoli | Sunday 14.00
Serie A action catches my eye this weekend as there’s a new referee on the scene for the match between Chievo and Empoli in Verona.
His name is Rosario Abisso and he boasts the most incredible stats I’ve ever seen in six years experience of covering the cards market.
His total cards figures in Serie B games this year read 8-10-15-7-8-12-7 – that’s an average of 9.57 cards-per-game. Taking a wider sample, his career average is 6.51 cards-per-game and that includes Coppa Italia games where very few cautions are normally issued.
Abisso has officiated two Serie A fixtures (back in in 2014/15) and dished out 10 bookings; clearly he is a relative novice at the top level.
Chievo are averaging 2.84 cards-per-game and Empoli 2.89 cards-per-game – that implies 5.73 cards could be expected in Sunday’s showdown. However, that’s ignoring this referee’s stats.
Of course, in football you never know but if he plays ball (and bear in mind he hasn’t given fewer than seven cards in league action this year) then Bet365 have got this hopelessly wrong.
The Over 5 Cards option on the Asian line has now gone. You can still back Over 5.5 Cards with Bet365 at 1.85 and this compares favourably with the 2/5 offered by William Hill, who appear to have their fingers on the pulse a bit more.
Talking of William Hill, they are brave offering 2/1 on Over 3 Cards in the first-half market (we’d need four to win).
This official’s first-half cards totals in league action read 4-6-9-5-6-2-1 – so five of those seven would have seen this selection win. At the price, I feel it’s well worth a small dabble.
We have already financially benefited from identifying officials with none or limited top-flight experience in Italy with Fabio Maresca and Luca Pairetto. And neither of those guys had stats such as this guy.
Of course it is not guaranteed but this bet looks an unmissable opportunity. So my main recommendation is Over 5.5 cards with Bet365 at 1.85 with a small play on Over 3 Cards in the first-half cards at 2/1 with William Hill.
Chievo v Empoli – Over 5.5 Cards (17/20 Bet365)
Chievo v Empoli – Over 3 Cards in the first-half (2/1 William Hill)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|