OUR racing man Graeme Johnston (@GraemeJ_83) has a bet to share for Wednesday’s racing.
13:45 Taunton | At The Races
A 14 runner midweek novice hurdle is not my normal choice for a bet but I’ve found something that has caught my eye here and I will be backing him accordingly.
At first glance this looks like a two horse race. Modus is odds on favourite to win this but he looks vulnerable to me. He’s won both starts over hurdles with a real battling performance last time out over Charmix who himself is a progressive young horse. However he has to concede 10lbs to his rivals here and that is a difficult task for novices.
Though he has achieved more than his rivals on the track (he also ran in three Grade 1 bumper races) he is not bomb proof and with his trainer Paul Nichols yard struggling for winners it could be a good time to take Modus on.
Board of Trade from the Alan King stable looks the most likely winner if Modus doesn’t perform as this decent bumper performer has shown promise on both hurdles starts and it can only be a matter of time before he breaks his maiden over obstacles. He may win this, but at the prices there is something else lurking in the field that I like the look of.
Miles to Milan from the powerful Philip Hobbs yard makes only his second ever start here and he is open to any amount of improvement. He made his debut six weeks ago where he was beaten by Modus finishing third just less than 10 lengths behind him.
That was Miles to Milan’s hurdles debut and with no bumper experience or flat racing previously it’s highly likely he will improve significantly for that introduction.
Not only that but Champion Jockey elect Richard Johnson takes over from Tom O’Brien and that is a huge positive as he’s a winning machine this year.
Combining his untapped potential with his healthy weight concession from the favourite, along with a lack of depth from the other horses in opposition he strikes me as a great each way bet here at 10/1. I’m hoping he’ll pay for our New Year’s beers!
13:45 Taunton – Miles To Milan each way (10/1 Ladbrokes)
We’re now offering all players a chance to win £100 cash from us.
Just sign-up with a bookmaker via our site, deposit then email us at [email protected]
We’ll offer you a cash prize straight away but you can gamble that up to £100 by picking winners.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|