JOSH Healey (@joshhealey04) pinpoints the value in the Top England Bowler market in the forthcoming ODI series.
England v Australia ODI Series | Top England Bowler | Sep 3-13 2015
Just like the Top England Batsman heat, the top England Bowler market is also wide open, aided by the uncertainty of selection. Will the Ashes heroes be rested at some point?
It’d be a surprise to see Mark Wood play every game, whilst Steven Finn and Ben Stokes are both deserving of a rest too. This will bring Liam Plunkett and Chris Woakes into the picture, both of whom England will be keen to assess ahead of a heavy winter.
But there is one player who has surely done enough to cement his place for the series – David Willey. After a stellar performance on Finals Day – taking five wickets for 51 runs – he notched the prized scalps of David Warner and Steve Smith in Monday’s IT20.
This followed up from a solid debut series against New Zealand where the ex-Northants man notched seven wickets across three matches at 29.71.
With England’s desire to slot a left-armer into the team, Willey could be looking at an extended run in the side, especially when you factor in his exceptional fielding skills and destructive capabilities with the bat. Although not express pace, he produces enough swing and variation to trouble and deceive even the best batsmen.
The soon-to-be-Yorkie has an uncanny knack of taking crucial wickets at key moments; if this priceless trait comes to the fore against the Aussies it will undoubtedly secure his seat on the plane to the UAE.
Finishing just two wickets behind Stokes, Willey probably would’ve topped the wicket charts against the Blackcaps had he played all five games. And given his recent form there’s every chance he could steal the limelight this series. With Bet365 offering healthy odds of 5/1, I’m more than happy to get on board.
England v Australia ODI Series – David Willey Top England Bowler (5/1 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|