MANCHESTER United aim to wrap up a place in the Champions League group stages on Wednesday against Brugge. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) looks at the odds.
Club Brugge v Manchester United | Wednesday 19:45 | BT Sport Europe
Memphis Depay was the headline act in last week’s first leg as Manchester United took a 3-1 victory into this encounter. From their four competitive matches so far this season it was the liveliest. But again it was hardly a walk in the park, a last minute goal saw them open up a two goal cushion.
Louis Van Gaal’s side were so slow on Saturday against Newcastle but that was partly to do with the North East side gleefully ceding possession. The nature of this match will be different as the Belgians have to pursue an attacking agenda. That approach may leave them vulnerable and exposed to the pace of the aforementioned Depay.
A defeat on Saturday to Zulte-Wargem in the league on Saturday was hardly the ideal warm up for this match and I just don’t believe that Brugge will feel they have enough to go through here.
United dominated the stats last Tuesday with a 9-1 and 10-1 advantage in the Shots On Target and Corner count respectively and there’s clearly a gulf in class.
Michel Preud’homme’s side have lost five of their nine competitive matches this season (including Super Cup) and that must be a concern. Does the magic of last season remain?
I do think Manchester United will go into this game confident and relaxed after last week’s result and expect them to increase their aggregate lead. Rather than backing them at odds on I’ll take the 3/1 on them winning by exactly one goal.
Club Brugge v Manchester United – Manchester United to win by one goal (3/1 Bet365)
Not got a Betfair account? Fancy 5/1 on Man Utd to get you started?
Just join here to nab the 5/1 and set up your weekend in style.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|