COPA AMERICA hosts Chile are back in action in the early hours of Tuesday, hosting Mexico in a match that could secure their place in the knockout stages. Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) takes a look at the best bets.
Chile v Mexico | Tuesday 00.30
Copa America hosts Chile got their campaign off to a winning start against Ecuador and the three points secured by Jorge Sampaoli’s men in their 2-0 success should have settled plenty of nerves in the home camp.
La Roja are the one nation to have outlined the Copa for some time in their quest to clinch a major honour and after 99 years of hurt, the current crop of Chileans is widely proclaimed to be their best ever. And the hosts can confirm their place in the knockout stages with a second victory against Mexico in Santiago.
Chile have lost just once in 15 outings on native soil and there were plenty of promising signs in their curtain-raising win. With the backing of a passionate crowd and Mexico missing the spine of their first team, I’ll happily get La Roja in the book but rather than touching the 1/2 (BetVictor), there’s better avenues for a best bet.
Sampaoli’s side have scored at least twice in nine of their last 11 competitive outings and should be capable of taking advantage of a second string Mexican side. We can combine the Chile win with Over 1.5 Total Match Goals at 17/20 with Betfair and that looks a far more attractive option. Only one of La Roja’s last 21 meaningful matches have seen fewer than two goals.
Mexico were held to a goalless draw by Group A outsiders Bolivia in their first fixture and Miguel Herrera’s charges were second best for large swathes. A laboured performance saw El Tri only come to life in the final half hour and a repeat display should be punished by the talented tournament hosts.
But despite reports to the contrary, there were enough goalscoring opportunities for both sides to avoid the goalless draw and suggestions of a drab encounter were wide of the mark. Knowing a defeat would leave their participation in the Copa hanging by a thread, Mexico will need to play on the front foot, which should hopefully lead us to a goal-laden game.
Chile v Mexico – Chile to win and Over 1.5 Goals (17/20 Betfair)
Reckon Chile will take Mexico apart? Could El Tri cause an upset?
We’d love to hear what you’re backing so let us know in the comments box below.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|