AFTER putting together two fabulous IPL preview pieces Josh Healey (@JoshHealy04) returns to take on the clash between Chennai Super Kings and the Delhi Daredevils on Day 2 of the new IPL season.
Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils | Thursday 15.30 | Sky Sports 2
The betting angle here? Sixes. Coral are offering odds of 5/6 for Over 10.5 Sixes to be hit, and I think that’s a pretty generous line.
We can’t rule out the possibility of a one-sided affair as Delhi have been woeful in the past two seasons, but perhaps they can show some fight in this one. After all, it is the start of a brand new campaign and the Daredevils have made some impressive acquisitions.
This bet would’ve landed in 14/16 of CSK’s matches last season. This comes as no surprise as their batting line-up is packed with big hitters, right from the openers down to the lower order.
Meanwhile, Over 10.5 Sixes were hit in 7/14 of Delhi’s outings in 2014. Hopefully their batsmen can express themselves with some big-hitting, in a game where they will be free of pressure.
The first encounter between these two sides last season was a comprehensive CSK win where only five sixes were hit (all by CSK), but in the second match-up the ropes were cleared 18 times. Let’s hope for the latter once again!
The average score at the Chidambaram in 18 games across IPL’s 2012 and 2013 was 165, with an average of 10 sixes being hit per-game. The Chidambaram hasn’t been notorious for games with masses of sixes, but I feel as though plenty would’ve been hit last season if CSK had played there.
The game has evolved a fair bit since 2012 and even 2013, where this bet would’ve landed in 4/8 games. The fresh, sun-baked pitch should offer the bowlers little assistance, so if the Delhi batsmen can bring their A-game, we should see the runs flow.
We know that CSK are reliable and they should be able to hit their fair share of sixes, hopefully the majority of the 11 required. If we see a competitive encounter here then this bet has a great chance of landing. We just have to hope that Delhi can put up a fight…
Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils – Total Sixes: Over 10.5 (5/6 Coral)
Free Bet If Your Top Runscorer Bet Wins With Betfair
Fancy a punt on the Top Runscorer market at the IPL? If your selection wins, Betfair will give you a Free Bet!
Sounds good, huh? Now get cheering the runs!
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|