THE Easter Sunday Premier League programme gets underay with Tottenham’s trip to Burnley. Can Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) nail the winner?
Burnley v Tottenham | Sunday 13:30 | Sky Sports 1
Saturday might just have been a significant day in the battle to stay in the Premier League. Leicester and QPR’s wins have pushed all six sides closer together and the pressure on Sunderland , Hull and Aston Villa has increased. Can Burnley follow suit today?
For Tottenham, matters are a lot less pressing. Victory here would see them overtake Southampton and Liverpool in the table to hit the Top 5 but they’d be five points adrift of fourth place. It’s a big ask to get into the Champions League in all honesty.
As someone who earlier in the week backed Burnley to finish bottom at huge 9/1 I’m trying to find ways of getting with Spurs. In their away matches against similar sides this season they’ve usually come out on top. Just.
One goal victories were achieved at Leicester, QPR, Hull and Aston Villa so the trends would suggest a narrow Spurs win here.
If Burnley stay up, it will be due to their home form this season. Four precious wins at Turf Moor have been fulfilled with two of those against top sides Manchester City and Southampton. Three home defeats in their last 11 is also something worthy of respect.
I’m fairly sure we’ll see goals here but the Both Teams To Score price is too prohibitive at 13/20. Burnley have scored in 11 of their last 13 home games while Spurs have scored in all but one of their 2015 Premier League games.
I think there are better value bets than the 6/5 on Spurs. Indeed, if you feel Spurs may be affected by the international break (a number of their players were on duty) then the 45/17 on the draw with BetBright is a good price.
So if you came up to me and said you’d backed the draw I would have mucho respect for you, but having taking a firm stance against Burnley this week I feel it would be two-faced if I backed that.
Instead I’ll get involved with the 3/1 with Bet365 that Tottenham win by exactly one goal. As mentioned above, they’ve done that at similar sides Leicester, QPR, Hull and Aston Villa this season.
Burnley v Tottenham – Tottenham to win by one goal (3/1 Bet365)
If you’ve not got a Betfair account you can back Spurs to win this game at a chunky 4/1. Keen?
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|